As introduced previously, Gone Rogue is an innovative high-protein chip, paving the way for a new health food category. Velocity began working with Land O’ Frost on the launch of Gone Rogue on Amazon back in September 2018. Because it was similar to Oars + Alps, with no brand awareness, we needed to ensure the product was visible between the jerky and protein chips categories. It was also the first time Land O’Frost had worked with Amazon, so it was pertinent to ensure all operations and internal departments within the organization were prepared to integrate and comply with Amazon requirements.
Prior to launch, Velocity consulted LOF on important go-to-market decisions starting with analyzing internal capabilities and determining a 3P Seller fulfillment model was necessary. We then consulted on the following areas:
- Packaging optimization to ensure minimal storage, fulfillment and shipping costs
- Cost analysis for retail pricing to ensure maximum profitability
- Developed an inventory forecast tool to track on-and-off platform marketing and merchandising and project inventory needs
- Integrated with operations department to ensure appropriate back-end fulfillment including labeling and packaging were in compliance with Amazon requirements
- Developed an on-platform marketing & merchandising plan driving traffic and conversion to ensure growth early in the product life cycle by positively impacting Amazon’s search algorithm
Velocity ensured the brand was retail-ready to drive organic traffic and growth with optimized product detail page content, copy and an Amazon store. We fully manage the Seller Central account on a daily basis with a strong focus on inventory management, customer service response, content optimizations and Amazon Search campaign management.
The brand has seen steady growth in sales and awareness MoM since launching in September 2018. We continue to make content optimizations, AMS campaign improvements and test product category selection to ensure the highest visibility and traffic possible.